What is the Caribbean Cooperative MRV Hub?
The Caribbean Cooperative MRV Hub (MRV Hub) is a regional institution and country-driven partnership that enables countries to cooperate on technical challenges underlying climate change mitigation. The MRV Hub exists to foster regional technical excellence and generate stronger policy-relevant carbon accounting. Through the MRV Hub, country experts and MRV Hub staff function as a true learning and mentoring cooperative.
The mission of the MRV Hub is achieved through these core objectives:
- As a permanent institution ensure expertise is sustained within the region
- Continually assess member country needs and priorities to identify synergies in producing cooperative work efficiently and effectively
- Grow the human capacity of Caribbean technical MRV and mitigation experts
- Conduct working sessions and share transparent and complete GHG data and documentation
- Develop and disseminate regionally-specific tools and guidance and promote use by countries