Greenhouse Gas Mitigation Modelling Tools Webinar Series 2023
Through this webinar series, the Modelling and Projections Programme (MPP) seeks to promote awareness across the region on the wide range of tools available and suitable for use in mitigation assessments. In addition, we aim to facilitate expertly led sessions, which allow stakeholders to gain a general understanding of the functions and capabilities of the modelling tools.
Date: May 24th – June 28th, Weekly on Wednesdays
Time: 10:00 AM AST
Duration: 60 – 90 minutes
Register for the series HERE.
ADD TO CALENDAR
|1||Mitigation in the Region and possible tools for modelling and projections||May 24|
|2||Basics of GACMO||May 31|
|3||Basics of LEAP||June 7|
|4||The MRV Hub regional data collection guidance documents||June 14|
|5||Basics of the FAO EX-ACT Tool for AFOLU sector modelling||June 21|
|6||Basics of PyPSA||June 28|
SESSION MATERIAL & RECORDINGS
Session 1 – Mitigation in the Region and possible tools for modelling and projections
Session 2 – Basics of GACMO
Please select “Preparation Material” to download the GACMO tool and read the guidelines prior to the session.
Session 3 – Basics of LEAP
Session 4 – The MRV Hub Regional Data Collection Guidance Documents
- Session 4 Concept Note
- Session 4 Presentation 1 – Data Collection Guidance Documents for GACMO & LEAP
- Session 4 Presentation 2 – On Road Mobile Tool
Session 5 – Basics of the FAO EX-ACT Tool for AFOLU Sector Modelling
- Session 5 Concept Note
- Session 5 Presentation
- Session 5 Case Study
- Additional Resources:
- EX-ACT Suite of Tools website – Users can register to download the three tools of the suite
- EX-ACT Tool Guidelines (version 9)
- E-learning link – Users can freely learn how to use EX-ACT’s main modules and complete dedicated exercises
- Earthmap – the geospatial platform we use as reference to retrieve climate information on the project area, as well as other useful indicators for the appraisals.
Session 6 – Basics of PyPSA